Applications to work as School and Teacher assistants as part of the Basic Education Employment Initiative are now open. Here’s who qualifies for these teacher assistant jobs.
You can now apply to work as an education assistant through the Basic Education Employment Initiative. This is the second round of the initiative which sees youths being hired to work in schools across the country as General School Assistants and Education Assistants.
Applications close on 3 October 2021.
The requirements for these job vacancies are:
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Live within walking distance from the school you wish to work at
- You must not be working, studying or training both full-time and part-time
- Only one opportunity can be taken up per house
- Must not be receiving a government grant, which includes a NSFAS or Funza Lushaka bursary
- Clear criminal record
- Must have Matric
Once hired, you will then work for 5 months starting in November. Assistants will receive a stipend of R3817 per month.
This initiative forms part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme which aims to combat the high levels of unemployment in South Africa, which is especially high amongst youth.
Should you have any enquiries, you can call 0800 72 72 72. You should also call if your email or phone number that you’ve submitted has changed.