The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) has finally came through for everyone interested in the teacher assistant posts. The GDE shared the highly anticipated information through its social platforms for the interested candidates to apply.
Table of Contents
How do I get a job as a teaching assistant?
The teacher assistant posts have been a topical issue within the education sector as unemployment in the country hits the youth hard.
These posts are being offered through the Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI) as part of the Presidential Employment Initiative.
What Jobs Are Available?
- To work as General Assistants within the school.
- To assist with teaching and learning programs in the school.
- Candidates will also help with infrastructure Maintainance.
- Candidates will offer Psychosocial and Counselling support.
- They will work as sports and enrichment assistants.
For the Education Assistants (EAs), there are +- 192 000 positions and there are +- 95 000 General School Assistants (GSAs) positions.
How Long Is The Contract For?
The contract is 5 months starting from 01 November 2021 – 31 March 2021.
How much do school assistants get paid in South Africa?
The stipend is R3817.44 per month minus R38pm UIF contribution.
Which Schools Are Included In The Programme?
The Ordinary Public schools including Learners with Special Educational Needs (LSEN).
The School within the 9 Provincial Education Department (PEDs).
Each school will get a minimum of 10/ 15 Assistants which also depends on the size of the school.
Who Should Apply For The Opportunity?
- Ages 18-35 years and must not be 36 years before 31 March 2022, except for LSEN schools where age is not a limit.
- Must live within the area where the school is located
- Only one person will be considered per household
- Must be unemployed and not studying or in training
- Must not be receiving NSFAS or Funza Lushaka Bursaries
- People receiving social grants such as R350 SRD grant, disability, and child grant.
- Must not have a criminal record
- Must meet the category requirements per job.
What qualifications do you need to be a teaching assistant?
- Certified Copy of your ID
- Matric Certificate or equivalent where applicable
- Your CV
A reference letter from the former school, local chief/ counselor, church leader or previous employer.
When Does This Programme Begin?
The program interviews are expected to start from 11 October 2021 and the selected candidates will resume work on 1 November 2021.
How to apply for SA Youth 300, 000 school assistant?
Interested candidates can apply with SA Youth website, Moya App, Tshepo 1Million, and Harambee.
Applications will be closing on 03 October 2021.
For information on the school assistants jobs, click here.
Should you have any issues with applying, you can call 0800 72 72 72 or send an email to [email protected]