• An appropriate post-graduate qualification (NQF Level 7) preferably in Public Policy/ Economics/ Law/ Social Sciences or related fields ;
• Public Management, policy and development process/writing and publishing experience.
Key performance areas:
• Facilitate the research and analysis of the provincial policy environment and identify critical areas for provincial government intervention;
• Analyse national and provincial policies, strategies and laws, and prepare provincial responses and ensure that WCG legislation, policies and strategies align and comply with human rights principles and with international, constitutional and national human rights obligations, policies and strategies.
• Analyse on-going national policy and strategy developments, and sensitise Cabinet, sector committees and departments on its implications for the province.
• Facilitate the development of transversal provincial policies as may be required (including stakeholder consultation as required).
• Ensure that WCG legislation, policies and strategies align with the Provincial Strategic Plan and long-term plans.
• Facilitate the periodic review of the provincial strategic plan in line with prescribed strategic planning and budgetary processes.
• Initiate and manage transversal futures modeling research project;
• Strategically define and review on a continual basis the purpose, objectives, priorities and activities of the Directorate;
• Also responsible for Financial Management and Human Resource Management.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Provincial policy development processes;
o Public communication, public education, public engagement and discourse management processes;
o Corporate governance norms and standards;
o Strategy development, strategy management and strategy monitoring and review processes;
o Human Resource Management and Financial Management;
• Strategic capability and leadership skills;
• People Management and Empowerment;
• Ability to communicate at all levels and across sectors utilising various media.
• Strong leadership skills with specific reference to the ability to display thought leadership in complex applications.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: All-inclusive salary package of R 819 126 – R 964 902 per annum (Level 13). Note: The remuneration package consists of a basic salary (70%) and the employer’s contribution to the Pension Fund. The remainder of the package may be structured according to your personal needs.
SALARY LEVEL: 13
CLOSING DATE: 2 May 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Ms S Rosa at (021) 483 5459