Component: Security Risk Management, Cape Town
Department: Department of Community Safety
Reference number: CS 6/2014Job purpose:
Render secretarial and administrative support to a Senior Management.
• A Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification) – NQF 4;
• An appropriate Secretarial Diploma (or equivalent qualification);
• A minimum of 3 years appropriate experience in rendering a support service to Management.
• NQF 5 level qualification will serve as a strong recommendation.Key performance areas:
• Provide a secretarial/ receptionist support service to the Senior Management;
• Management of the diary, appointments, meeting coordination within the office and liaison with clients;
• Development of concept letters, memos and notices;
• Render the following office administrative support services:
o Asset and Inventory management;
o Attend to leave register within office of the Senior Manager/sub-programme;
• Procurement, provisioning administration inclusive of travel claims, subsistence, expenditure control, etc.
• Provide logistical support i.r.o meetings and travelling arrangements;
• Support Senior Management with the administration of their budget;
• Keep up to date with regard to policies and prescripts applicable to work terrain. Competencies:
• Typing skills;
• Good telephonic etiquette;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
• Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
• Excellent interpersonal relations and professionalism and an effective team member;
• High level of integrity, confidentiality and reliability. Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.Only applications submitted online will be accepted. SALARY: R 170 799 – R 201 195 per annum SALARY LEVEL: 7 CLOSING DATE: 9 May 2014 @ 16:00 ENQUIRIES: Ms E Thorne at (021) 483 5506/ 6010