Submit CV: Graduate / Internship at Media24 Careers
Do you have a tertiary qualification in journalism? Would you like to kick off your career at one of the most innovative media players in Africa? Then Media24 is the place for you. They are looking for dynamic, energetic graduates with strong multimedia journalism skills to join the award-winning Media24 Graduate Programme on a 12-month internship starting in January 2018. These positions are based in Johannesburg and Cape Town across their print and digital publications in both news and magazines. The selection process is highly competitive: The successful candidates need to have an ability to tell compelling stories in words, pictures and video across digital and print platforms.
Media24 is Africa’s leading digital publisher (with the likes of News24 Edge, Fin24 and Sliced in our stable) as well as South Africa’s biggest efashion player (through online fashion store, Spree). Their purpose? To build communities through content, technology and commerce.Duties & Responsibilities
- The positions are 12-month internships that will provide graduates with an opportunity towork in Media24’s rapidly changing world
- A tertiary qualification in journalism or relevant programme, with developed writing and video production skills.
- The ideal candidate must be a multiskilled media junky with video editing and shooting skills (Adobe Premier Pro) and a flair for writing and editing. Basic knowledge of WordPress and experience in student or community media would be an advantage.
Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, will be given preference
Skills & Competencies
- You should have a strong general knowledge and excellent news sense. You should also have a basic understanding of audience development, social media, and aggregation and curation.
- The successful candidates must be able to adapt to various situations, think laterally and innovate where necessary. They need to be resilient and able to accept criticism in a pressured workplace, and must possess strong multitasking abilities.
How to apply