Submit CV: Graduate Internship at South32 Careers
South32 seeks a Graduate Trainee to join the Shared Services Centre in Johannesburg. The purpose of this role is to ensure the timely and accurate processing and execution of the Shared Services Centre (SSC) scope of services, while contributing to continuous improvement within the Shared Services Centre.
South32 is a resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference, from the ground up. The roots of South32 are in the Southern Hemisphere, with a head office in Perth and regional hubs in Perth and Johannesburg.
- Ensure alignment with and compliance to internal controls including South32 Charter and Code of Business Conduct, agreements, systems, standards and procedures;
- Monitor allocated scope of work to ensure that data is regularly and reliably captured for reporting purposes;
- Drive initiatives to improve the overall performance of the sub-function by optimising the utilisation of existing processes, practices and system in collaboration with the Specialist Finance Systems;
- Produce, maintain and analyse relevant reports on an operational and management level while ensuring that local operating procedures as well as Key Performance Indicators where required are also maintained;
- Transactional Processing as well as Query management and resolution as outlined in the Service Level Agreements;
- Develop supportive relationships with team members, and demonstrate and promote operational discipline when executing day-to- day activities;
- Assist with timely distribution of process work and redefining of priorities where required;
- Identify and Recommend improvement initiatives in existing processes, practices and systems to the Sub-function Lead;
- Create and maintain local operating procedure documentation.
- Serious contenders will have a relevant Degree /BTECH/National Diploma;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint) is essential.
How to apply
Closing date is 06 October 2017.
Click here to apply online