Submit CV: Graduate Internship at Legal Aid SA Careers
A Communications Internship position exists at the National Office of Legal Aid South Africa in Braamfontein. Applications are invited from interested persons to apply for this position which is on a fixed term contact of 1 year.
Graduate Internship at Legal Aid SA Careers
Legal Aid South Africa provides professional legal advice and representation to those who can’t afford it. We try to help as many poor people as possible, including vulnerable groups such as women, children and the rural poor
- To learn theoretical and practical skills within the field of communications so as to build and gain practical and hands – on experience through experiential learning based on the internship agreement.
- To assist the Communications Department to implement the communications
- Receive and distribute supplies for the Communications Department.
- Assist with the co-ordination of events.
- Assist with the development of relations with the media and communication with stakeholders.
- Assist with the implementation of Legal Aid SA public relations initiatives.
- Assist with the advertising and public education campaigns in the regions.
- Assist with corporate identity quality control.
- Report on all regional communications activities.
- Assist with the responsibility for media interviews and queries.
- Assist with departmental administration and finance.
- Assist with daily media monitoring.
- Liaise with the training & development department to ensure that appropriate internship documents and reports are updated monthly.
- Maintain departmental data bases.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and attributes) required
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate;
- Tertiary qualification in communications or fulfilment of in service training for tertiary qualification requirement
- Ready to serve internship according to the rules and regulations of the tertiary institutions
How to apply
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 October 2017, quoting the reference number COMMS/15/09/2017 in the subject line to [email protected] or click here to apply online
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo Tel: 011 877 2373