The Class of 2021 is now in the middle of their final Matric examination, with exams coming to an end in December for Matrics. Here’s when IEB learners should expect their final Matric results to be released.Advertisement
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) Examinations for schools belonging to the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) are now underway and will run until 2 December 2021.
The IEB is an Independent South African examination agency. They set examinations for most private schools in the country.
IEB Matric exams usually run longer than exams administered at public schools with IEB learners having started in September with their exams.
As for Matric results, IEB learners will see their results go public on Wednesday, 19 January 2022.
IEB results can be obtained at schools, online or through SMS in the following ways:
- The official paper copy of results can be obtained from school as of 19 January
- Pupils will be able to find their results online using the IEB website when they are released.
- Results can also be accessed via SMS, using the following options:
- If the IEB has been provided with your cellphone number, your results will automatically be sent to the number provided.
- You can register by SMS by sending an SMS to 35135.
- The SMS should read: Results (your examination number) (your DOB yyyymmdd)
- You will then receive a message notifying you that the registration has been
successful and you will receive your results when they are released.
- The SMS costs R3.
Then, in April, schools will receive the official Umalusi Grade 12 NSC certificate for each student. These students will then be notified as to when and how to collect this certificate from May onwards.