Closing Date: 9 May 2014
- news writing
- camera operation
- video editing
- news logistics
- Have completed an Undergraduate Degree or National Diploma (minimum three years)
- An excellent command of the English language, writing skills and visual sense
- Thorough computer skills, including advanced research techniques and social media experience
- Be a passionate debater about South African and world affairs
- An insatiable curiosity
- Exceptionally wide-ranging general knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply for our Broadcast News Bootcamp (Graduate Program), please email the Managing Editor on [email protected] with:
- application form (download application form)
- motivation letter detailing why we need you on our program
- full CV
- photograph (max 1MB)
Failure to submit any of the above will result in disqualification from the process.
All applicants must be available for a panel interview process in Johannesburg during the week 19-23 May 2014.
- must be available for the full 6-month duration of the program from June to December 2014
- will be paid a nominal stipend
- must be prepared to work irregular and long hours, including weekends and public holidays
If you have not received a response 14 days after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.