Name of Position: Informediary
Total Number of Positions Vacant: Fourteen (14)
Location: Service Delivery Channel: Branch: Kimberly, Soweto, Emalahleni, East London, Secunda, Polokwane, Rustenburg, Mbombela, Tshwane, Johannesburg, Durban, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth.
Closing date: Close of Business, Friday, 27 February 2015
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Job Level: General Staff
Employment: 6 months contract
Reward Level: Paterson Grade: B5 Salary Range/Notches: (R107 863.20 – R193 794.86)
NYDA offer position of Informediary to provide information, guidance and support to young people in making informed decisions. To offer guidance and clear directions in terms of career of business related issues. To have the knowledge where to find the right information and to be accurate in the advice provided. To be able to assist with basic counselling and give general understanding if the situation requires it. Have a well-grounded knowledge of the environment and the supply and demand chain
- Provide information to young people on all NYDA products and services
- Provide information across all five main information streams: Employment, self-employment, education and training, health and wellbeing and citizenship
- Have a well-grounded general knowledge of any aspects involving youth livelihood
- Organize and conduct information dissemination through outreach where necessary, handle walk-inns appropriately
- Assess and input application/documents in the relevant database (JOBS/BOSS)
- Conduct assessments on young people and perform case management and do proper referrals
- Generate accurate reports of all the clients you have attended to and indicate the course of action you took
- Screen and provide advice on all applications to be processed by the Program Managers/ Officers
- Assist young people needing help e.g. at reception point, resource Centre, internet etc.
- Manage the internet resources appropriately e.g. 30 minutes per client if there is a long waiting list
Knowledge and Competencies
- Knowledge of the NYDA offerings
- Knowledge of referral networks
- Government services and processes
- Basic knowledge of general counselling
- Ability to perform case management
- Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making Skills
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Presentation Skills
- MS Office competent
Qualification and Experience
- Reasonable experience in consultancy or counselling small businesses or working in a similar environment
- Computer literacy
Applications must be submitted on a NYDA Application form, obtainable from the NYDA Web site: www.nyda.gov.za. The completed and signed application form should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
Successful candidate will be appointed on a probation period of 6 months.
How To Apply
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The NYDA reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position