The National Regulatory Of Compulsory Specifications is looking for an Automotive Candidate Inspector in Pretoria (Ref No: 8690).
Purpose: To prevent non-complaint automotive commodities in and from entering the South Africa market by assisting with the process of conformance assessments and inspections. Assessment and inspections to be conducted in according with the requirements of the National Road Traffic (Act no.93 of 1996) and relevant standards, compulsory specification and codes of practice under the NRCS Act (Act no.5 of 2008)
Reporting to: Manager: Inspection
Post Level: P10
Basic Salary: R 302,450.81
The NRCS is an entity of the department of Trade and Industry established to administer compulsory specifications and other technical regulations with the view to protect human health, safety, the environment and ensure fair trade in accordance with government policies and guidelines.
KPA/ Key outputs:
- Advice or inform customers with regard to the requirements of the National Road Traffic Act( Act no.93 of 1996) and relevant standards and compulsory specifications and under the NRCS Act ( Act no.5 of 2008)
- Issue letter of Authority (LOA) for vehicle components.
- Communication with various outside department i.e. DTI, DOT,DFA, Customs & Excise, etc.
- Conduct inspection/evaluate of approval documents in with the relevant
- Handle all related enquiries.
- Registration and inspection of MIB’S in line with National Road Traffic Act and NRCS Act.
- Grade 12;
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or National Diploma in Mechanical Engineer
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Successful incumbents must be prepared to undergo extensive theoretical and practical training.
Knowledge & Skills: National Road Act, 1996 (Act No.93 of 1996); Inspections; NRCS Act
Behavioural attributes/ Skills: Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; ability to work under pressure and independently without constant supervision; honest; Confidentiality; team work; creative and innovative; ethical.
Recruitment will be done in accordance with the NRCS EE requirements.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted on the AS83 Application Form (download here) and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV in order to be considered.
- Please E-mail your applications to [email protected].
- Quote the (Reference No: 8690) on the subject line of your email, when applying for any vacancy.
Closing Date: 1 March 2015 at 16h00
Via – NRCS