After the completion of the Learnership programme, UCT will not be obliged to offer permanent employment to the candidates.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- Completion of (or be in the process of completing) the first year of a Mechanical Engineering Learnership at an approved merSETA training provider.
- Potential to develop/acquire the technical skills necessary to successfully complete the qualification.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact with university students, technicians and academic staff within the Department.
Other desirable attributes include: the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, problem solving skills, computer literacy, independent learning ability and initiative. Relevant work experience (such as employment in a workshop in either an industrial or academic environment) would be advantageous.
The annual remuneration package is aligned with the standard merSETA recommended payment levels.
How to apply
Closing date is 30 November 2016.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to [email protected] (Ensure the title and reference number: E61130, are indicated in the subject line)
- UCT Application Form (download here)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Hardcopies of the application can also be dropped off with Ms Samantha Reizenburg at the Reception Desk in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Level 2, Elec-Mech Building, 14 Library Road, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700)
Via – UCT