The Baxter Theatre Centre seeks to appoint six barmen/bar ladies on an ad-hoc basis for appointment commencing 09 November 2015. The successful candidates will assist in barman duties and provide excellent customer service to the Baxter’s patrons. Reference number: E51025.
Nestled under the striking Devil’s Peak mountain and at the foot of the University of Cape Town, the Baxter boasts a world-class theatre and concert hall, as well as a studio stage, rehearsal rooms, offices, a restaurant and bars and an impressive, spacious foyer.
- A matric certificate or an equivalent qualification.
- A friendly disposition coupled with sound interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in English and at least one other official language.
- The ability to work well under pressure, both as part of a team and independently.
- Alertness and the ability to think quickly in an emergency.
- A strong sense of customer service.
- Electronic Point of Sale experience.
- A year’s work experience preferably in either the hospitality or retail industry would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver friendly, efficient customer service to patrons and staff at the Baxter Theatre Centre at all times
- Controlling and accounting for stock
- To serve beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, quickly and efficiently
- Processing orders and sales on the electronic point of sale system
- Assisting, maintaining and cleaning the bar equipment and service areas
- Adhering at all times to the Liquor Act of the Western Cape
- Reconciling day-end sales and cash transactions
- Adhering to the standard code of conduct of the Baxter Theatre Bar. The rate of pay per hour is R31.69.
Closing date is 20 October 2015
Table of Contents
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mr Hubert Rumble at h[email protected] and Mr Alex Petersen at [email protected]
UCT Application Form (download here)
Cover letter, and
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number (E51025) are indicated in the subject line. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test. Telephone: 021 685 7880 / 021 680 3986