Invitation for Participation in an Internship Programme 2016
The Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport invites South African youth graduates from Universities and Universities of Technology to participate in a twelve months internship programme. The programme enables graduates gain the necessary experience and equips them with skills required in the workplace.
Applicants must be South African, Unemployed graduates between the ages of 18-35, and should not have participated in any other Internship programme within the Republic of South Africa.
Areas of Placement – Qualifications (Reference Number)
- Public Administration – N.D/Degree: Public Administration/Governance/Office Management/Library & Knowledge Management (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/01)
- Transport Economics – N.D/Degree: Transport Economics (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/02)
- Town & Regional Planning – N.D/Degree: Town & Regional Planning, Environmental Studies (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/03)
- Civil Engineering – N.D/Degree: Civil Engineering, Building & Construction (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/04)
- Land Surveying – N.D/Degree: Land Surveying (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/05)
- Licensing – N.D/Degree: Licensing (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/06)
- Legal & Contract Management – Degree: Law (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/07)
- Human Resources Administration/Development – N.D/Degree: Human Resources Management/Human Resource Development/ Management of Training & Development (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/08)
- Finance/Accounting – N.D/Degree: Financial Accounting/ B./Compt/Financial Information Systems (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/09)
- Supply Chain Management – N.D/Degree: Supply Chain Management (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/10)
- Audit and Risk Management – N.D/Degree: Auditing/ Risk Management/ Internal Auditing (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/11)
- Information Technology Systems – N.D/Degree: Information Technology/MSCE/ A+,N+,SQL,Computer Systems (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/12)
- Fleet Management – N.D/Degree: Transport/ Fleet Management (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/13)
- Communication/Media Studies – N.D/Degree: Communications/Media Studies/Public Relation/ Journalism/Desktop Publishing (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/14)
- Facilities & Security Management – N.D/Degree: Security/Facilities Management (Reference Number: DRT/HRD/15)
How to apply
The closing date is 20 May 2016. Applications must be Submitted on a form Z83 (download here); Obtainable from any public service department offices and must be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), certified copies of qualification certificates and Identity Book (I.D) or card. Please quote the reference number on each application.
Please direct your application to: The Gauteng Province Department of Roads and Transport; Directorate: Human Resource Development-Ground Floor, 41 Simmonds Street, Sage Life Building, Marshalltown, Johannesburg 2001.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates, if no correspondence is received within one (1) month of this advertisement’s closing date; please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries, contact Mr Solomon Maphangule at tel (011) 355 7564 or Mr Andrew Senwamadi at tel (011) 355 7557.
NB: People with disabilities are encouraged to apply