The National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) has a 12 months Supply Chain Management Internship opportunity available in Pretoria. NMISA is mandated by the Measurement Units and National Measurement Standards Act, No 18 of 2006, under the auspices of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) to maintain, develop and disseminate the National Measurement Standards for South Africa.
The purpose of this position is to assist SCM section with clerical, administrative and secretarial duties by ensuring that efficient and effective service is rendered to internal divisions and to ensure that NMISA complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make copies and scan tender document
- Filling of SCM document
- Prepare and arrange meetings
- Capture data on the system and update the file accordingly
- Upload tender document into the system (Website)
- Perform any other assigned job with regard to Supply Chain Management
- Update and follow up expired documents such as Tax Clearance and BBBEE certificates and SBD forms with suppliers
- Perform the help desk function
- Follow-up on supplier’s invoices, statements, orders etc.
- Document management and proper filling of SCM documents
- Coordinate the supplier payment process by registering, processing and forwarding invoices from suppliers to Finance Officer for payment
- Receive delivered goods and verify
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Degree, B.Tech/Honours or M.tech /Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation (PFMA, etc.)
- Competent in MS Office Software package
- Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
- Good communication skills and report writing skills
How to apply
Applications close on 08 March 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.pnet.co.za/jobs–INTERNSHIP-SUPPLY-CHAIN-MANAGEMENT-12-months-Pretoria-National-Metrology-Institute-of-South-Africa–2200507-inline.html?cid=science” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]