Submit CV: Legal & Compliance Internship @NMISouthAfrica
The National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) has a 12 months Legal and Compliance Internship opportunity available in Pretoria. NMISA is mandated by the Measurement Units and National Measurement Standards Act, No 18 of 2006, under the auspices of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) to maintain, develop and disseminate the National Measurement Standards for South Africa.
Purpose of Role:
To provide the Manager Compliance and Corporate Governance with administrative support and perform legal services tasks as required by the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the Manager Compliance and Corporate Governance with administrative support and perform legal services tasks as required by the organisation
- Assist in handling correspondence relating to the Entity’s legal matters
- Liaise and coordinate with other entities on matters of mutual interest
- Prepare and provide reports to Manager Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Assist with other related tasks within the Compliance Section
- Conduct research and provide advice on various legal issues within the organisation
- Prepare files for court cases
- Draft legal documents and vet contracts and other legal instruments in line with the Agency’s regulatory framework
- Assist in the application and interpretation of legislation administered and applicable to the entity
- Give legal opinion on external and internal disputes
- Participate in negotiations between the entity and external parties
- Assist with development of policies
- Comment on or make recommendations on policies of the Organisation
- Support Manager Compliance and Corporate Governance regarding compliance
- Assist with preparation of regulatory audit reports
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
- Matric/ Grade 12
- BProc or LLB Degree (Bachelors of Law Degree) or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation (PFMA, New Companies Act, King III etc.)
- Competent in MS Office Software package
- Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
- Good communication skills and report writing skills
- Commercial law practice experience will serve as an added advantage
How to apply
Applications close on 08 March 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.pnet.co.za/jobs–INTERNSHIP-LEGAL-AND-COMPLIANCE-12-months-Pretoria-National-Metrology-Institute-of-South-Africa–2200627-inline.html?cid=science” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]
Click here to apply online