SANCCOB: Seabird Rehabilitation & Conservation Internships 2018
Closing Date: 25 July 2014
Remuneration: R7100 p/m
Location: Cape Town – Table View Area
SANCCOB – Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal BirdsSANCCOB – an internationally recognised marine organization which has treated over 90,000 ill, injured, orphaned and oiled seabirds since 1968 – seeks to employ 2 (two) Bird Rehabilitation interns to join the energetic and dedicated team for the next 18 (eighteen) months.
- Daily care and treatment of different species of seabirds
- Daily care of seabird chicks in SANCCOB’s Chick Rearing Unit
- Training and supervision of volunteers
- B Degree or B-Tech (Conservation qualification will be an advantage)
- South African resident
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
- Valid Code 8 drivers licence
- Dedicated with a love of birds that is able to work well in a team, supervise others and has the ability to follow regulations and procedures.
- Be physically fit, be prepared to work in all weather environments, frequently in excess of standard hours
Internship date: Immediate – 31 December 2015
Remuneration: R7100 p/month (dependent on level of qualification)
How to apply
To apply, please submit a certified copy of ID, Degree/ diploma certificate and a 2 (two) page CV motivating for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (021) 557 8804.
If you have not heard back from us in the next two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Via – SANCCOB