Modern-day website development companies have it easy, right? Modular design enables developers to recycle components and modules while creating web pages. It’s also super-easy to create content blocks and display SEO-optimized content. There are several other similar tricks that modern-day web developers use. So, selecting a web development agency shouldn’t be too much trouble for businesses, right? Wrong! Selecting a highly-competent web development agency is more difficult than ever. Given that the average user takes just 0.05 seconds to pass judgment on a website, the scope of error is minimal.
Table of Contents
Here are some must-have features for websites –
- Super-fast navigation: Slow-loading websites lose businesses $2.6 billion in revenue every year.
- High-quality web design: Most first impressions of websites are based on web design.
- User Experience: Users will only continue browsing or engage in business with a website if it offers a high-quality user experience.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Over 50% of worldwide eCommerce revenue comes from mobile users.
Businesses should use these four facts to shape their hiring process. These qualities aren’t the only factors that businesses should seek while looking for web development agency in London. Here are some must-avoid pitfalls that many businesses face while hiring web development agencies –
Too Many Cooks
If ten separate developers are asked to build a website, businesses get ten different approaches. It doesn’t matter if these developers meet the basic requirements. Maintaining such a website would be impossible.
As odd as it may sound, far too many businesses avoid investing in a standard development process provided by a single development team. After the website is launched, the site maintenance processes are super-complex, time-consuming, and expensive.
Modern-day web development processes need to have a consistent approach. If businesses hire a single agency, every developer in that agency will work cooperatively and predictably.
Hence, there’s no benefit to not standardizing web development processes. After all, web development strategies are directly linked to a business’s commercial objectives. Using too many cooks to build complex websites will over-complicate the development experience and mess up the business’s commercial standing in the long run.
Forcing Agencies to Develop Websites in Limited Time
Unfortunately, delivery speed has become a highly desirable quality for most businesses on the lookout for web development agencies. As a result, the modern-day web developer is under increasing pressure to deliver high-quality solutions in limited periods. It’s nearly impossible not to sacrifice the website’s functionality or security while working in such a hurried manner.
If website development teams had infinite time, they would manually design every feature requested by their client, testing the website a thousand times. But, time is limited both for developers and businesses. To ensure time hurdles don’t hamper output quality, businesses must –
- Team up with agencies that have extensive teams of developers.
- Look for agencies that use advanced development software to facilitate super-fast project completion.
- Pursue agencies where minimal coding is required.
- Ask the developers to use pre-tested templates so that not much time is spent on testing the website.
Not Focusing on Security
Instances of cyberattacks keep increasing every year. Over 50% of websites are highly vulnerable to these attacks. Why is cybersecurity getting worse every year? One of the reasons is clients not focusing too much on their website’s security features. To avoid this mistake, businesses must –
- Offer their developers incentives for installing the latest security measures (as opposed to incentivizing development speed or design features).
- Avoid sacrificing proper security practices for faster deliveries.
- Team up with experienced developers. The same developers should be in charge of maintaining the website’s long-term support. Or else, developers who have no experience with the website’s code will be tasked with maintenance responsibilities.
Not Picking the Most Talented Developers
Even though website development is becoming easier, it’s evolving at a super-fast rate. Only the highly-qualified developers can keep changing their skillsets to match the demands of this ever-changing business environment.
So, businesses must only hire web development experts that can provide features like cybersecurity, responsive design, integration, etc. Some good indications of these qualities are –
- The development agency has a high-quality website of their own.
- The agency has a glittering CV and an equally positive online reputation.
- The agency uses the latest development tools.
- The company incentivizes in-house training for their staff.
Not Creating Future-Proof Websites
Lastly, most businesses fail to think long-term while hiring web development agencies. A development agency can only create a truly future-proof website if they can ask such questions –
- How do they imagine the website in ten years?
- What changes/trends are they anticipating in the web development industry?
- How many users do they expect to attract to the website every year?
- Is there an option to switch servers in case the website attracts more users than anticipated?
To maximize their investments in website development, businesses should look beyond their initial requirements. As long as they can avoid these common pitfalls, they’ll be prepared for the future!