The time is here! NSFAS applications for 2022 are now open. NSFAS bursaries are geared towards students from poor and working class backgrounds.Advertisement
Applications for bursaries from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for 2022 are now open and will be open for two months.
Submit your NSFAS application before applications close on 7 January 2022.
NSFAS applications must be submitted on myNSFAS with the financial aid scheme saying, “Getting a shot at NSFAS funding is super easy and quick, no long queues and complicated steps”.
How To Apply
- Register on myNSFAS
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Click on ‘Submit’
Documents which should be submitted include:
- All applicants must provide a copy of ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide latest payslip not older 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse)
- Person with disabilities: to complete Disability Annexure A form.
NSFAS funding includes accommodation, transport, living allowance, book allowances and incidental/personal care allowances.
Should you not be able to apply on your own, you can head to a National Youth Development Agency Centre, a Thusong Centre or one of the application partner’s centre near you.