The Cape Town International Convention Centre has a National Sales Internship for candidates studying towards a Diploma / Degree in Tourism / Hospitality Management, to provide administrative assistance and support to the National Sales Department. This position reports to: Business Development Manager: National.Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in securing business in compliance with booking procedure and ISO 9001 standards.
- To pro-actively follow up leads.
- Assist in preparing quotations on the basis of client’s needs in line with CTICC standards on behalf of Sales Executives.
- Coordinating site inspections on behalf of Sales Executives.
- Prepare correspondence reports and high quality presentations as required.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned; including but not limited to Research Database update.
- Assisting with availability requests.
- Fielding telephone calls.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of client relationship management events.
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a matric certificate.
- The applicant should be Computer literate and be able to perform optimally on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point).
- The applicant is required to be studying towards Diploma / Degree in Tourism / Hospitality Management.
The incumbent should be:
- Be flexible in your approach
- Be proactive
- Be able to use initiative
- Be able to work accurately under pressure
- Be detail orientated
- Be trustworthy
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
How to apply
Click here to apply online
Closing Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2014