Life Claremont & Kingsbury Hospitals: Grade 12 Porter Opportunities
Four Porter vacancies have become available at Life Kingsbury Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of uncompromising quality care.
- Transporting patients from reception to wards, theatre, doctors’ rooms etc. in a safe, professional and friendly manner
- Maintaining and cleaning wheelchairs and emergency trolleys
- Assist Unit Manager with ad hoc duties if necessary/admin duties e.g. photocopying
- Deliver correspondence to doctors
- Distributing medication boxes from pharmacy to the wards
- Messenger work e.g. distributing mail
- Assist in setting up the seminar room for functions
- Matric preferred
- Excellent communication skills. English is essential.
- Physically fit, possess physical strength for lifting patients, drive and energy
- Experience in working in customer service/dealing with customers
- Experience in working in healthcare will be an advantage
- Planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team
- Prepared to work day shift, night shift, weekends and public holidays
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV to the contact person by close of business on Monday 16th November 2015.
Susan Gibbs: Tel: 021 670 4034 : Fax: 086 6760329 Email : [email protected]
Before making application, internal applicants are requested to discuss their application with their line manager. Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. External candidates will also be considered.
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates