The Korea Development Institute (KDI) is a Korean Government economic think tank. The institution is a leading government economic think tank that focuses on social research in Korea. The KDI School of Public Policy and Management is offering three year scholarship programmes to outstanding South African candidates. The KDI School provides education based on experiences of systematic research on global development and consultation to developing nations.
Applications deadline is 16 March 2018. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age of the year of selection.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year. Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program in Korea are ineligible to apply for the program.
- The academic achievement of the applicants must meet one of the followings: – The grade point average (GPA) must be no less than 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, and 2.91 on a 4.5 scale
– The overall grades must be no less than 80%
For more detailed information please refer to the 2018 KDIS-NIIED Application guideline or visit the
Fields of study
- Public Policy
- Development Policy
- Public Management
What the scholarship offers
- Airfare(Round-trip economy class)
- Monthly allowance ( Approximately R 9783.56 per month)
- Research allowance
- Settlement allowance
- Full tuition
- Medical insurance
- Korean proficiency grants
For more information please refer to the 2018 NIIED GKS-KGSP: Korean Government Scholarship Programme Document
Please refer to the 2018 KDIS-NIIED Application guideline. Applicants should apply via either a designated university or a Korean embassy as indicated in the guideline. Online application to be submitted at http://apply.kdischool.ac.kr.
For Enquiries please Contact:
The Office of Admissions KDI School of Public Policy and Management
263 Namsejong-ro, Sejong-si, 30149, Republic of Korea
E-mail: [email protected]
Office Hour: 9H00 to 18H00, Korea Standard Time