Evraz Highveld Steel And Vandium: Engineer-In-Training Opportunities 2014
Closing Date: 30 April 2014
This trainee position will give the candidate the ideal opportunity to gain experience as an Engineer-in-Training within a corporate manufacturing environment. The program will last between 18-25 months of on-the-job training inclusive of soft skills training within the company. This will be a limited duration fixed term contract.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The trainee program will consists out of the following areas of exposure:
- Engineering exposure
- Application and exposure within field of study.
- Operational Exposure
- Day-to-day running and activities within the division.
- Ability to apply relevant theory practically in any given context.
- Dynamic, energetic and committed individual.
- Computer literate.
- Leadership skills and display potential to develop into a leadership role.
- Networking skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Business awareness and orientation within our operational environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) English.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver tasks in a timely manner against deadlines.
- Common sense approach and ability to work on own.
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Willingness to learn.
- Project management skills.
- No experience required as this will be a trainee position and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Should you have some experience already within the engineering field that will be advantageous
Completed BSc or BEng degree in the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering (X4)
- Electrical Engineering (X4)
- Metallurgical Engineering (X1)
All subjects to be passed with a good academic average.
- Must be prepared to work additional hours when required.
- Highly energetic and motivated.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory medical report from the company’s medical station (Red ticket).
- Applicants may be subjected to an Occupational Personality Questionnaire before being considered for an appointment.
- That the reference number of this advertisement is quoted on your application form.
- Those copies of all the qualifications referred to on your application form, are submitted and certified.
- Please submit a certified copy of your identity document
How To Apply