A consistently high achiever who has a successful record of delivering and exceeding targets. In addition to meeting all of your eligibility requirements, Karen also has extensive knowledge of properly utilizing enhanced sales techniques to increase sales revenue. With her present employer she works as part of a team which has a long track record of successfully anticipating and exceeding customer expectations. As a committed team player she has no problem working closely with Merchandising Coordinators, Buyers and Supervisors to deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. Her key strengths lie in being able to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner, and in making sure that customer orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction. Right now she is looking for an excellent career developmental opportunity with a company that offers superb commission and sales incentive programs to its staff.
SALES CLERK – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for being involved in all the sales operations of the store, and for performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Cashiering and providing assistance in merchandise stocking, pricing, and inventory.
- Greeting customers when they enter the shop.
- Offering assistance in locating merchandise.
- Keeping the store clean, neat and orderly, and well-stocked.
- Engaging customers in conversation.
- Responding to questions regarding merchandise.
- Preparing documents associated with ordering and receiving merchandise.
- Restocking products on shelves.
- Processing gift certificates and cards.
- Making records of customer preferences and buying habits.
- Answering questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Providing clerical support to the sales team.
- Performing cash register transactions in an accurate and correct manner.
- Thanking customers as they leave the shop.
- Remaining observant of all activity in store to identify theft and prevent shrinkage.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Talking to customers on the telephone.
- Wrapping up orders for customers.
- Cleaning and vacuuming store floor areas.
- Informing customers of upcoming sales events.
- Thanking customers for their patronage.
TRAINEE CLERK – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Closing sales transactions efficiently.
- Handling money and processing credit and debit cards.
- Good cash handling skills.
- Helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Generating and following up sales leads.
- Ensuring that uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional at all times.
- Maintaining effective business relationships with new and existing clients.
- Willing to work evenings, weekends and holiday periods.
- Physically fit and able to walk and sand for long periods.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Business Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.