Zurich South Africa: Graduate Development Programme 2018
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk.Our opportunity
You have an opportunity to join a leading global insurer and develop your skills alongside some of the best talent in the industry. The Zurich Graduate Programme is targeted at final year and/or post graduate students (SA citizens) across many faculties, in particular:
- Commerce: Risk Management and financial management
- Engineering: All fields
- BSc Maths and Statistics
- Actuarial Science
You will be offered a 12 month fixed contract for the duration of the GDP.
The primary work location is 15 Marshall Street, Ferreirasdorop, Johannesburg.
From time to time, you may be required to travel either locally, nationally or internationally. All travel will be covered by our Zurich travel policy.
As a Zurich Graduate, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Completing the various learning programmes that you will be assigned to during the course of the year
- Deliver against the various objectives as agreed to in your performance contract. You will rotate through various positions throughout the year, with each position containing specific deliverables.
- Actively engaging with your assigned Mentor with a view to comprehensively understanding the various components of Zurich Insurance Company and of the Short Term Insurance Industry
- Succesfully complete a GDP Project and present the outcome at the annual Zurich GDP graduation
Your Skills and Experience
To be considered for the Programme, you are required to have completed a degree in your respective area of study.
How to apply