There is nothing like the beauty of flowing water to create a relaxing and soothing environment. And a floating fountain cascading water sounds as beautiful as it appears. Purchase pond fountains as they a timeless symbol of serenity and peace that add aesthetics and prestige to any landscape. These hard-working water fountains have a practical side, too. They keep water free of debris, increase oxygen and reduce maintenance needs without the high cost and hazards of chemicals or dredging.
Here are the things to consider before buying a floating pond fountain:
- Whether you already have a pond or want to construct one, a floating fountain may be the most economical and the easiest way to keep it looking beautiful and staying healthy. Suppose you are considering a floating fountain unit, in that case, you will need to consider the distance to the power source, type and availability of power, the display type you would like, any lighting options, the spray height, and the size and depth of the feature.
- Some more considerations to make regardless of which floating fountains you want to purchase are installation cost and time. You should also need to take into account the maintenance that the floating unit will need. Will the maintenance process be easy enough for you to do the task?
- Finally, you will need to consider the actual cost of running the unit. This is a crucial question: you do not want to add a water feature that you can’t afford. Take your time and purchase pond fountains that best match your taste and budget to enjoy your water feature.
What Size Floating Fountain to Choose?
- It all starts with what pattern of spray you want in your floating unit and how high you want it to be. The height of the fountain spray should not be above or more than half the width of your pond. If the spray shape is too high, the pond could empty itself on a windy day. The shape and height wanted for the floating fountain dictate the motor’s model fountain and size to consider.
- Determine the fountain’s position on the pond and calculate the length of the power cord required. Extension cords should not be used. Don’t forget to consider the depth of water under the fountain as the power cord should drop straight down to the bottom straight under the fountain and follow the slope up to come out of the pond to reach the power outlet. Fountains up to 1HP usually need 115V power. 2HP fountains or higher will need at least 230V.
- Determine if you want your fountain to be equipped with a lighting system. The lights should be included in the kit according to the position of the fountain. A three-light kit is appropriate for residential purposes, and a six-light kit is common for public installations.
- Once you know the height, spray shape, length of power cord required, the width of spray pattern, and if the light kit is wanted, contact the floating manufacturer for model options, pricing and availability.
Floating Fountain Uses:
There are many places where floating fountains can be used, both in public and private spaces. You can easily determine where individuals will want to assemble with the addition of a fountain. The relaxing and soothing sounds of flowing water and the beauty of shooting plumes of water are irresistible to almost everyone. Let’s have a look at some of the floating fountain uses:
- Public fountains in municipalities are a great location for floating fountains. Custom designs can create something eye-catching and unique.
- Ponds remain algae-free and a healthy environment for plant life and fish using a floating unit surface aerator.
- Amusement parks can create water shows using powerful floating fountains that shoot water 100 feet in the air.
Versatility of Floating Fountains:
Floating fountains are the pump systems used to create different water movement patterns in the air. You can use multiple floating fountains to create the water feature you are striving for. These fountains are available in hundreds of models and can be customized to the requirements of the customer. Power levels start at ½ Horsepower and can go to 50 horsepower and even beyond with custom models. Heavy-duty fountains deal with bigger bodies of water or for more spectacular water displays. Residential models are much smaller but work well to create a beautiful display of water.
A combination of floating units with lighting in a pond create an unforgettable centre piece that draws attention to any home. Take professional help when planning for installing the floating fountains for your project. It is easy to choose a product that is too powerful or ineffective as per your needs. Choosing high-quality parts recommended by pros will make a huge difference for maintenance, performance and the life of your floating fountains.