Closing date: 18 July 2014
Location : Western Cape
The Western Cape Department of Health is inviting applications for its Medical Physicist Intern opportunity currently available at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town. The applicants are required to have completed an Bachelor of Science honours degree in Medical Physics and must have registered with the Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Medical Physicist Intern. Applicants are required to also have computer literacy and mathematical competence.
REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
- BSc (Hons) degree in Medical Physics or equivalent as specified by the Health Professional Council of South Africa.
REGISTRATION WITH A PROFESSIONAL COUNCIL:
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Physicist Intern.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS):
- Mathematical competency.
- Insight and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Computer literate.
DUTIES (KEY RESULT AREAS/OUTPUTS):
The candidate will undergo internship training for a minimum of 2 years as an Intern Medical Physicist according to the HPCSA-accredited training programme at Groote Schuur Hospital.
The candidate is expected to take part in all quality control, dosimetry, brachytherapy and radiation protection calculations and measurements performed in the Division.
Although the closing date is 18 July 2014, this advertisement is valid for 6 months whilst the vacant post is available. Applications will be considered up to 2 January 2015. (Recruitment process will start immediately after the closing date.)
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
- Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s license and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post.
- Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference.
Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to short-listed candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are short-listed and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Table of Contents
How To Apply
Z83 forms or CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS N MBILINI TO:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER:
GROOTE SCHUUR HOSPITAL,
PRIVATE BAG X4,
ENQUIRIES: Dr TC Kotze, tel. no. (021) 404-6266/75, fax (021) 404-6269, [email protected]