CLOSING DATE: 11 July 2014
- University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the Internal Auditor Trainee.
- Job Title: Trainee Internal Auditor (Three-year training contract) – Department of Risk Management and Internal Audit
- Job ID: 21597
- Location: Risk Management and Internal A
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the executing of internal audits within the University in terms of the annual Internal Audit Plan as approved by the Audit, IT and Risk Management Committee of Council and reporting thereon;
- Assisting in the executing of special investigations requested by Senior Management, Executive Management and the Audit, IT and Risk Management Committee and reporting thereon;
- Assisting in report writing.
- B Com (Hons) in Internal Auditing;
- Knowledge of the theory of:
- Audit processes and methodologies; and
- Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skills in MS Excel and MS Word;
- Ability and sophistication to liaise with various levels of management and members of staff, where applicable;
- Ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Working towards obtaining a professional internal audit qualification, i.e. the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification;
- Exposure to internal/external audit;
- Relevant experience at a higher education Institution.
The total remuneration package for this contract position ranges from approximately R 228 927 to R 274 593 as determined by UP policy guidelines.
The remuneration for this contract post excludes medical aid and provident fund benefits as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online , quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.