The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship schemes in the world. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC-UK) awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
The CSC aims to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, support excellence in UK higher education, and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit and their potential to contribute to the needs of their home countries.
Universities South Africa (USaf) is the Nominating Agency for South African citizens who wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship tenable in the UK for the academic year 2018/19. Final selection of candidates and host institutions will be made by the UK Commission based on the nominations.
Taught Master’s (one year) excluding MBA
All applicants must have submitted their Electronic Application System (EAS) application by 22 February 2018. Subsequent to this one hard copy of the application form (with supporting documents, especially academic transcripts) should reach the South African Nominating Agency (USAf) by no later than Tuesday 27 February 2018.
If applicants do not submit a hard copy of the application form, their applications would not be considered by the SA Selection Panel.
Who can apply?
For more detailed information please refer to the 2018 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship: Terms and Condition and 2018 Commonwealth PhD Scholarships: Terms and Condition including General Information to Applicants Guide.
Fields of Study?
Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships are offered under six themes;
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity
For more information on scholarships available and other awards available from the CSC please visit Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Website .
Universities South Africa (USAf) is the Nominating Agency for South African citizens who wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships tenable in the UK for the academic year commencing in September/October 2018.
The application process is two-fold:
1. All applicants for a Commonwealth Scholarship should use the Electronic Application System (EAS) , please visit Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Website and click on apply. Any candidate who has not submitted an application via the EAS cannot be considered for a scholarship.
2. One hard copy of the application form (with supporting documents, especially academic transcripts) should reach the South African Nominating Agency (USAf) by no later than Tuesday 27 February 2018. The hard copy of the application form should be hand delivered or posted to the following addressed:
Postal Address: Universities South Africa – (Commonwealth Scholarships), P O Box 27392 SUNNYSIDE Pretoria 0132.
Physical Address: Universities South Africa – (Commonwealth Scholarships) 1267 Pretorius Street, Hadefields Office Park, 1st Floor, Block D, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0083.
For more information please refer to General Information to Applicants Guide or visit Universities South Africa Scholarships Support Website.
Documents and links