As the academic year starts, most people are registering either for a new course or completing the ones that they had started. Unisa has recently released its registration dates for 2022.
If you had been accepted to study at the University of South Africa (Unisa), then this is the time to register for your qualification.
Nothing has changed in relation to the academic year being split over two semesters.
The first semester’s registration commenced on 4 January and will close on 24 January 2022.
The second semester registration period will commence from 20 June to 18 July 2022.
Students are also permitted to register their modules for semester 2 during this period if they wish to do so, provided there are no pre-requisite requirements for modules.
The Unisa online registration process is said to be quick, simple, and accurate.
When registering online, you’ll be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you include all the necessary information when submitting your registration form.
Below are the steps that you should follow to register:
- Go to the Unisa registration website.
- Choose your qualification level, then click “Go”.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and other details as required.
(If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue. First, apply online for admission.)
- Check your personal details on the screen.
Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect.
- Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register.
In order to ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements for your selected modules, you must:
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
* The language of tuition for each module is indicated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as this may result in a delay in your registration being processed.
Unisa retains the right to remove modules based on the number of credits allowed per semester and in accordance with the fees paid.
Please take note of the maximum period of time you have to complete your qualification.
- Calculate your fees.
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
For study pack delivery, you have three delivery options to obtain your first study pack for the semester/year.
This only applies to modules that have printed study material.