What is a Weighbridge weighing scale?
These days, imports and exports play a major role in developing the economy. To make this process smooth, transport vehicles including rail and road vehicles have become necessary. But there are a lot of impediments with the same. When it comes to exports and imports, weight becomes a chief factor.
We would have experienced this in the airports as well. To break this difficulty, we need to have a good estimate of the vehicles that are used for transport. A weighbridge is a huge set of scaling apparatus that is permanently erreceted on concrete, that is used to weigh a whole transport vehicle along with its contents. This is going to make your exchange easy!
The other things you need to know about the Weighbridge:
1. For whom are these Weighbridges useful?
If you belong to either of the below industries, then owning a Weighbridge can help you.
Mining, metal household goods, electrical equipment, and other sectors which sell goods or products on weighing metrics.
To know about the 100 ton weighbridge price in India, an estimate of the price of the same is given below.
The average cost of one 100 ton weighbridge in India ranges around 5,00,000 Indian Rupees.
2. What are the features of the Weighbridge that make it a useful apparatus?
- The installation of the Weighbridge is quite easy.
- Weighbridges are built with good quality material so that it can bear any size of loads.
- The usage of the Weighbridge is very easy.
- Weighbridge is good at computing multiple vehicles’ load tests.
- Helps in saving money for your firm.
- Reduces the manpower usage and thereby reduces the cost of operation.
- Increases productivity.
- Vehicles with multiple dimensions can also be weighed using a weighbridge.
3. How to install a weighbridge?
The pre-installation to post-installation processes and stages are as follows:
- The first and foremost step in any installation is the research and decision making involved. You have to run good research and browsing before buying a weighbridge as it is a huge investment with good returns if the right one is bought.
- The second step is the “site-seeing”. In this stage, you got to run a good survey on the area in which you are planning to install the weighbridge scaling apparatus. Some deep surveys, including the sewage, gas, electric and water-related observations must be done. This is an important step as any slight ignore in the foundation of the set up can lead to a massive loss.
- The next stage is measurement. Plan in which size you will have to need the apparatus according to the size of the land available.
- After all the inspections, measurements and installments, one main thing you owe to do is to take good care of the apparatus. Buying huge scales like this is a huge investment which requires proper maintenance from our end.
4. How to use a weighbridge?
After the installation, which as discussed before, is easy, the usage of the weighbridge to calculate the weight of any vehicle along with the goods contained in it is also an easy job.
Firstly, as the name suggests, weighbridge is a bridge-like scale mounted on the concrete. The truck loaded with goods enters into either of the directions of the weighbridge, and then the weight gets displayed on the screen. This weight calculation is taken two times. One when the truck is loaded with goods and another time when it is unloaded.
5. What are weighbridges made of?
- The basement or the foundation of the weighbridge is made up of a permanent concrete base.
- The platform of weighbridges is made up of steel that aids us in giving accurate weighing results.
- Load cells are the measuring agents that measure a vehicle’s weight and give an output. This is the chief component in a weighbridge.
- The terminal is the indicator that shows the weight results of the scales done.
- The results from the load cells get transmitted to the terminal through cables.
6. What are the types in which weighbridges are found in?
- Portable weighbridges
- Above-ground weighbridge.
- In-ground weighbridges.
A weighbridge is a highly weighing scaling set up that could cost you a fortune. With good maintenance, it is going to serve you for about a long time. This apparatus has only advantages on all sides that make it a very good investment. So, while making such a huge investment that can benefit you quite well, all you have to do is a proper study and know more about the features and uses, the installation and usage procedures of the product.