Basic level 1 desktop IT support costs businesses a lot of time and money. Most modern-day businesses can be deemed ‘digital.’ They take and execute client orders via digital platforms. Hence, to meet the fast-paced requirements of digital businesses, employee support requests need to be addressed at machine speeds. Human effort is way too slow.
End users can obtain IT support through multiple channels. If one channel of communication doesn’t work, they switch to the next one. They seek immediate responses, and providing such quick responses is impossible without automating service desk tasks. For instance, on average, a level 1 service desk engineer charges $22 to handle a request manually. By investing in AI-powered desk support software, businesses can save a lot.
Plus, modern-day IT support team’s list of responsibilities keeps increasing every day. These experts can’t be expected to provide services to a multitude of support channels, dealing with hundreds of remote devices simultaneously, without making any errors.
The growing complexity of support demands does manual work, no matter how high-quality it is. So, what can businesses do? Outsourcing is the most common suggestion. But, outsourcing isn’t a future-proof solution. To maximize their capacities, businesses must get AI service desk software.
Financial Benefits of Getting AI Service Desk Software
Internal support teams receive 492 tickets every month. Of course, such high-ticket numbers are not common across all industries. But, whenever businesses experience downtime, irrespective of the industry, the number of support tickets’ spiral out of control. On average, businesses take over twenty-four hours to respond to one internal support ticket.
But, downtimes are rare, so why should businesses be concerned? Customers don’t contact businesses only during downtime. They need constant assistance with upgrades, brand-related information, and a plethora of additional services.
So how many IT experts should a business have to handle this ever-increasing volume of inbound tickets? Ideally, for every seventy end users, businesses must have one dedicated IT service, desk worker. But, hiring, retaining, and managing such a large team of qualified IT experts is nearly impossible for most businesses.
Instead of rapidly increasing their teams’ size (increasing staff size comes with its share of problems such as growing overhead costs), staff efficiency can be easily improved using AI-powered technology.
Using AI-powered service desk automation software offers businesses these benefits –
- There’s a massive reduction in the number of requests that need to be addressed by human executives. The HR team does not handle simple process-driven activities. Hence, there’s a massive increase in productivity in the IT support team once an AI-powered service desk automation software shares the responsibility of resolving day to day support requirements.
- When it comes to ticket-management, AI-powered chatbots are far more efficient at organizing them based on urgency, time requirements, complexity, etc.
- The latest service desk automation software can be integrated with other internal systems of the digital business. For instance, a company’s human resource information system can be routed to the software. From this source, the AI-powered service desk automation software can draw valuable data.
- Multifaceted demands that need to be handled by human operators can be directly routed to the professionals. The support team isn’t constantly disturbed with mundane requests. Employees get to receive smooth and seamless support.
- Standard questions are answered within seconds. Users, too, can use these answers within seconds. Overall, employees feel much more loyal and valued when they receive such immediate solutions.
- Modern-day AI-powered service desk automation software can assess each team member’s efficiencies based on their ability to solve queries and handle tickets. Using this analysis, the business can optimally use the efforts of their IT professionals. These software tools streamline all incoming communication to ensure redundant tasks that needlessly reduce productivity levels are not directed towards the IT team’s main engineers. They can spend their time focusing on more urgent issues.
- AI-powered service desk automation software also allows businesses to gain detailed insight regarding performance levels. These analytics make it easier to spot and eliminate holdups and improve the IT team’s performance. With these automation tools, it’s easier to make manual procedures error-free. The task of spotting costly mistakes falls solely on the shoulders of the software.
- Faster and more accurate customer experience leads to brand growth, which in turn leads to more customers. Businesses and consumers appreciate a positive support experience. Hence both B2B and B2C businesses can benefit from using an AI-powered service desk automation software.
Now’s the Perfect Time for Businesses to Start Using AI-Powered Service Desk Automation Software
The upcoming wave of capabilities that AI-powered service desk automation software tools will offer features like predictive analytics and modeling. Support staff members and end-users will receive automated remediation in real-time. Currently, businesses are only starting to use these AI-powered tools to resolve high-volume and low-value tasks.
In the future, using these tools to assess large datasets and make predictive support decisions. Similar to the businesses that benefited from adopting cloud systems earlier than their competitors, businesses that start using AI-powered service desk automation software now will become ‘future-proof.’