Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2019
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2019.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Languages (across the phases); and ECD/ Foundation Phase
- Students already registered in one of the above courses
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance. (Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by an experienced educator.
- Valuable professional training and work experience within an independent school environment.
- In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance during term time.
- Professional development allowance.
- A monthly stipend.
- Please note that accommodation and transport subsidies are not offered as part of this programme.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Closing date for Applications: 31 May 2018.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ADVERT