TETA: LEARNER BURSARY x 250
DIRECT LEARNER BURSARY SUPPORT FUNDING WINDOW: 2014/2015 AND STRATEGIC INTERGRATED
PROJECTS (SIPS), SUBMISSION DEADLINE 31 OCTOBER 2014 16H30
DIRECT LEARNER SUPPORT BURSARIES
The Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) invites Unemployed Learners registered / planning to be registered within TVET and HET Institutions to submit applications for bursary funding. This bursary funding is aimed at addressing the scarce and critical skills within the transport industry.
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct. Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application forms as well as a list of qualifications to be funded and relevant documents are available on www.teta.org.za under
TETA 2014/15 Direct Bursary Learner Support.
- Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification
- Applicants must be South African citizens and below the age of 35 years
- Applicants are to complete in full, Direct Learner Bursary Application Form available from the TETA website.
- Only successful candidates will be communicated to, if you do not hear from TETA by the end of December 2014, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants to state on the application form duration of study and cost per year if applying for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study and quotations for funds required,
- Application to be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
STRATEGIC INTERGRATED PROJECTS (SIPS) TETA further invites stakeholders to apply for the following interventions to address the STRATEGIC
Table of Contents
INTEGRATED PROJECTS needs:
INTERVENTION QUALIFICATION NUMBER OF LEARNERS REQUIRED
- Bursaries Aeronautical engineering x15
- Bursaries Chemical engineer technician x08
- Bursaries Civil engineer technician x20 TRANSPORT EDUCATION AND TRAINJING AUTHORITY
- Bursaries Electrical engineer technician x10
- Bursaries Environmental engineering x10
- Bursaries Chemical engineer x08
- Bursaries Mechanical engineer x10
- Bursaries Mechanical engineer technician x15
- Trades Electrician x20
- Trades Millwright x25
- Trades Boilermaker x10
- Trades Welder x12
- Learnerships Truck driver x250
- Learnerships Crane/Hoist Operator x45
TETA reserves the right not to make any awards and right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
TETA will ONLY provide feedback on the approval of the said applications.
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
by post or hand delivery to any of the TETA offices listed below:
- Kwazulu Natal: 2nd Floor, 67 KE Masinga Road, Durban 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Mike Mzolo) – Postnet Suite, 153, Private Bag X504, Northway, Durban 4065
- Western Cape: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att: Desmond Baartman ) – P.O. BOX 38134, Pinelands 7430
- Randburg: 2nd Floor Sonsono Building, 344 Pretoria Avenue, Randburg, 011 577 7089 (Att: Ms Juliet Manyoni) – Private Bag X10016, Randburg. 2125
- Limpopo Lephalale TVET College: No 2 Ngoako Ramatlhodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale (Student Support Office/ TETA Support Office) ATT: Tebogo Moeng and Peter Mojapelo)
- Vhembe TVET College: Makwarela Campus, Along Thengwe Road, BURSARY OFFICES (TETA SUPPORT OFFICE), SIBASA, (ATT: Rialivhuwa Nangammbi and Khuliso Mufamadi)
- Capricorn TVET College: Central Office: 16 Market Street, Polokwane, 0700 (ATT: Zwanga Ndlovu)
- Senwabarwana: Senwabarwana Main Street, Senwabarwana Bochum, 0790 (ATT: Lebogang and Ignatius Makhura)
Further enquiries can be made to: Bursaries Office Skills Development and Learning Programme Unit at 011 577 7089 / 011 577 7093
Strategic Intergrated Projects: 011 577 7003 /0784767835
NB: No applications will be accepted after the closing date.