System Developer Graduate at Equisoft
Location: Western Cape
An exciting role at a cutting-edge System Implementation company awaits. The role of ‘Systems Developer’ will be responsible for working with project teams to configure programming rules for Financial Services and Insurance policy administration systems. The position also requires a variety of technical knowledge to help support and manage the application server infrastructure, architecture and related software. The successful candidate will interact with clients on a daily basis and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deploy and manage application server environments in Windows and Linux
- Deploy and manage Oracle Insurance Policy Administration System application in IBM WebSphere, RedHat JBoss, and Oracle WebLogic.
- Manage Oracle Application database instances (installation, backup, restore) in SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2.
- Support staff in our Insurance Division on application performance or other technical issues, whether application server, configuration, or IT-related.
- Responsible for configuration of Oracle Insurance Policy Administration system to meet product requirements for clients.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting Gap Analysis and gathering detailed requirements for the identified gaps.
- Responsible for gathering business rules and related algorithms.
- Responsible for complex policy administration system configuration tasks.
- Relies on knowledge of basic concepts for individual and group life insurance and investment products
- Grade 12 Bachelor’s pass required, with Higher Grade Maths/ Science
- Tertiary qualification required (Degree/ Diploma completed), with preference for Business Science/ Information Technology/ Mathematics disciplines
- Basic, working knowledge of XML (XSL), SQL is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in problem solving and resolution
- Ability to work independently on system configuration/ programming tasks, or with teams when preparing for pre-sales demonstrations or client projects.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in an agile system development delivery environment.
- Willingness to travel to various client sites in different cities is required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org