Submit CV: Paarl Media Apprenticeship Programme 2018
Applications close on 22 October 2017.
As market leader in its field, Paarl Media (Novus) focuses on the implementation of cutting edge technology and strong skills development offering a full range of career opportunities for the right people. Paarl Media KwaZulu- Natal situated at Westmead is currently seeking applicants for their 2018 professional trade apprenticeship programme starting in January 2018.The following trades are offered:
- Mechanised Bookbinding
- Printers Electrician
- Printers Mechanic
Successful candidates will complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, followed by approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu-Natal, where the core experiential component of the training is completed prior to undergoing the trade test.
The programme has been approved by the fibre processing & manufacturing sector education and training authority (FP&M SETA). In November 2015, the Novus Academy was recognised at the FP&M SETA Skills Development Recognition Awards 2014/2015 for best practice workplace provider in the Apprenticeships category.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The shortlisted applicants will perform General Assistant duties during a 3 month period
- The successful applicants will thereafter be contracted as Apprentices through FP&M SETA
- The apprentices will enter into a fixed term training contract with Paarl Media and the SETA for the duration of training
- Phase 1: Complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, Western Cape
- Phase2: Complete approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu–Natal for the core experiential component of the training
- An income will be earned throughout the program
- Senior Certificate /Matric/ Grade 12 or equivalent with Mathematics with a pass rate of 50% (Proof of qualification must be attached – or else application will not be considered)
- Previous shift work experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work shifts
- An eye for detail – exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
How to apply
Click here to apply online