Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern to join its Digital Team in Braamfontein, Johannesburg. This is a 6 month internship opportunity.
The MSF SA Digital Team plans, executes and actively manages online content, digital campaigns, social media and fundraising initiatives. The team is made up of two to four individuals – two from the Communications Department and two from the Fundraising Department.
MSF is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or to people that are excluded from access to health care
The Digital Marketing Intern at MSF Southern Africa will be instrumental in helping the organisation raise funds and lower costs using digital media strategies. The intern will be expected to contribute towards MSF’s objective of becoming increasingly digital.
The role will play a direct part in the growth of online fundraising activities in South Africa, helping to maximise current online channels and identifying new areas of growth. The role will also play a part in managing online communications with current donors, potential donors and other audiences; as well as the development and deployment of innovative digital marketing strategies and initiatives.
The Digital Intern reports to the Digital Campaign Coordinator and is part of the Digital Team.
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and fundraising strategies and initiatives
- Assist in the implementing, monitoring and reporting of campaigns, strategies and results using a range of analytics tools. Helping to implement and recommend changes where needed
- Assist with the optimisation of digital marketing channels and msf.org.za, working towards strong conversion rates, increasing lead traffic and improving return on investment
- Ensure that all donation pathways function optimally
- Help with identifying new areas for digital innovation where possible
- Make recommendations regarding developments in digital marketing, social media and mobile trends
- Use Drupal 7 to update and manage online content, marketing and donation processes
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field
- Basic understanding of digital marketing (SEO, SEM, display advertising, etc)
- Experience in managing digital or social media campaigns a distinct advantage
- The ability to apply analytical techniques to raw data
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team
- Proficiency in English, written and orally (including copywriting and proofreading skills)
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and interdepartmentally
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and to prioritise time and resources accordingly whilst maintaining an overview of all activity
- Good interpersonal, team-working and negotiation skills
- A positive mental attitude, persistence and the desire to learn
- The ideal candidate for this role will be hard working and fast learning
How to apply
Closing date is 26 April 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://www.msf.org.za/msf-job-application/digital-marketing-intern-0″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]