At South Point Careers, we have Marketing Intern at South Point 2018. We get that you like to study hard and play hard, which is why our student accommodation is based in highly liveable, well-positioned buildings within walking distances of most universities and public transport zones.
South Point was established in 2003 to meet the growing need for student accommodation in South Africa. When we entered the property business we found exploitative landlords to be the prevailing alternative to on-campus housing.
The majority of students resided in poorly maintained and expensive accommodation – hardly conducive to promoting a successful study and social environment. We, therefore, sought to focus our efforts on providing a differentiated offering to the student market, with an emphasis on safety, cleanliness and affordability at the core complimented by a vibrant student community.
- Assist with the posting and monitoring of Social Media
- Sourcing all event related material/branding and liaising with suppliers on quotes
- Encouraging academic programmes in South Point through forming academic initiatives
- Assist with general administration of ‘Resident Assistant programme
- Involved in promotions and marketing South Point events in conjunction with Social Media and Resident Assistants through use of various communication channels
- Discussing all student proposals with the Marketing management and providing feedback
- Communicate with society executive committees and ensuring that all queries are handled timeously
- Coordinate and manage the establishment of South Point student societies and continuous engagement and monitoring them.
- 360 understanding of the Student Market
- Event Management
- Microsoft Office (advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint a bonus)
- Social Media Management
- Extreme Passion and Ambition for Brand Marketing
- Business Mindset, Creative, Analytical, Self-Starter, Interpersonal
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop/ InDesign knowledge
Remuneration: R4000 – R5000 per month Cost to company
Location: Cape Town, CBD Central
Education level: Degree
Job level: Junior
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Job policy: Employment Equity position
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]. If you have not heard from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.