Closing Date: 12 May 2014
Table of Contents
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, part of the St Stithians Foundation educational outreach programme, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-tme 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College.
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Physical Science or Early Childhood Development / Foundation Phase.
- Students already registered in one of the above courses with UNISA.
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and / or Science.
- South African citizen residing in Johannesburg.
- From previously disadvantage groups and / or students in need of financial assistance and wish to gain workplace experience.
- Mentoring by an experienced educator.
- Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment.
- Payment of tuition fees, textbook allowance, daily meal allowance, a monthly stipend and workshop allowance, which will depend on the candidate’s financial needs analysis.