South African Reserve Bank: Teller Opportunity
The South African Reserve Bank is looking for a Teller to join its Banking Services and Corporation for Public Deposit unit in Pretoria. The main purpose of this position is to process withdrawals and cash deposits by staff members of the South African Reserve Bank and to assist the general public with exchanging mutilated and old banknotes through the in-house teller facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Process cash withdrawals in respect of staff cashing personal cheques and ensuring compliance with clearing rules and regulations.
- Process Point of Sale (POS) withdrawals for staff members using debit and credit cards.
- Process cash pay-out to staff members using official petty cash vouchers.
- Process cash and cheque deposits while ensuring that counterfeit notes are identified and rejected, as well as ensuring that cheques comply with clearing rules and regulations.
- Process teller transactions on SARB Core Banking system.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the teller cash float.
- Receive and exchange mutilated and old banknotes handed in by members of the public.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
- A Grade 12 with Accounting and Mathematics or equivalent; and
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a clerical role.
Additional requirements include:
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer orientated;
- Basic accounting or banking skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Computer literacy; and
- Numerical skills.
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://erpweb.resbank.co.za/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=870229373&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=21054&p_spid=1052014″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here to Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates