eNCA is searching for aspiring digital storytellers to spend a year in our newsroom exploring the complex soap opera that is South Africa. Successful candidates will become part of a team of highly-skilled multimedia reporters for a digitally disrupted world that eNCA is developing.
You need to have stamina. You need to be a recent graduate. And, most importantly, you need to be a great storyteller.
Is that you?
What about being able to tick these boxes?
- Permanently attached to a mobile device
- Record the world as you see it
- Have your own blog
- Regularly engage on social media
- Can operate photo and video editing software
- Have a basic understanding of HTML
- Understand how the web has evolved and are able to express a view on where it is going
- Recently completed or completing a 3-year qualification
Then you could be the mobile journalist we’re looking for.
If you pass our the eNCA assignment and are accepted on to the#eNCAmojo Bootcamp, you’ll spend a year at eNCA, where we’ll refine and hone your skills to:
- Tell compelling news stories in a variety of formats
- Shoot stills and video
- Edit video
- Package a video story
- Create engaging graphics
- Use data visualisation tools
- Build and execute a social media plan
Basic internship conditions
- You can commit to the full 12-month program from January 2016.
- You will be paid a stipend of R5,000/month.
- You live relatively close to our studio in Johannesburg and can make your own transport arrangements – news doesn’t keep office hours. You will not be provided meals.
- You will not be able to engage in additional freelance employment that may impede your ability to fulfill the internship.
How to apply
Applications close on 13 November 2015.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.enca.com/bootcamp?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1445918807″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here to Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]