The Social Media Intern at MSF South Africa will be instrumental in helping the organisation understand and engage more effectively with South Africans & MSF folllowers using social media tools.
Start date: 19 January 2015. Intern will work four days a week, flexible scheduling within office hours. Must be available for 4 months.
- Keeping the website and social media sites current and ensuring they complement each other.
- Build relationships with users by creating and sharing content with them, as well as engaging with them on social media.
- Measuring and reporting social media activities.
- Respond and proactively engage with users of social media.
- Track and grow social media follower base.
- Support other communications related activities when required.
The Social Media Intern reports to the Online Coordinator and is part of the Digital Team which comprises: the Online Coordinator, Digital Campaign Coordinator, Digital Media Intern and Content Coordinator.
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, related Apps & other social networking tools & platforms.
- Some experience in managing social media accounts a distinct advantage.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- An interest in humanitarian issues.
- Length of committment: 3 months
- Estimated total hours: 24 hours/week (three days/week)
Benefits: Intern will receive hourly compensation in line with MSF policies. Opportunity to work for a highly respected international NGO on current policy issues.
How to apply
Send a CV together with a letter of motivation, marking your application
Closing Date: 6th January 2015 at 16:00
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.