You’ve submitted your R350 Social Relief Of Distress (SRD) grant application, but your application status says “bank details pending”. So, what does this mean?
If your application status says ‘bank details pending’ it means that your application has been received by SASSA but no banking details or payment preferences were received.
If you would like for your application to be updated and changed, you must upload your banking details.
How to upload your banking details to the SASSA website:
- Go to the SASSA website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Scroll down until you see the “How do I change my banking details” heading
- Type your ID Number below the heading
- You will then receive an SMS containing a secure link that is unique to you. (Please note: The SMS will be sent to the mobile phone number you registered with during application your application process)
- Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
Once you have followed the instructions, you will be required to select for the payment to be made into your bank account. Please ensure that you are the owner of the bank account that you select, as SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
The new banking details that you upload on the system will only be used for future payments, after verification.