SAPREF: Grade 12 and Undergraduate Bursary Programme 2018
Closing Date:31 August 2014
SAPREF’s facilities are of national strategic importance.They include the refinery in the South Durban Basin storage facilities at the harbour which is Island View,a Single Buoy Mooring SBM where tankers offload about 80% of South Africa’s crude oil imports and joint bunkering services operated on behalf of various petroleum companies.
SAPREF manufacture a variety of petroleum products,including petrol,diesel,paraffin,aviation fuel,liquid petroleum gas,base oil,solvents and marine fuel oil.
SAPREF’s vision is to be the leading refinery in South Africa.Leading in this sense means a better safety and environmental performance,better reliability,higher gross refinery margin,better productivity,more respect from their neighbours and the authorities and a more attractive place to work than any of their competitors.
Requirements and Duties:
- Students who have obtained an exemption in grade 12 and who have been accepted at a recognised South African university.
- Students who are already enrolling at university are eligible to apply.
- Selection is based primarily on academic merit.
- They look for well rounded individuals who demonstrate potential to excel in other areas of their lives.
- Applicants undergo a selection process,which comprises of panel interviews and tests.
- Holders of other bursaries,scholarships or grants are not eligible to apply except where these are received as merit awards.
- Each bursary consists of an annual grant for fulltime study at a recognized South African university.
- The bursary covers tuition, residence fees, books and practical work experience as set by the university.
- The successful applicants get a chance to work at SAPREF during their vacation periods which gives them an opportunity to gain practical experience in their chosen field of study and also allows them to get to know the company.
- On completion of the degree, the graduate may be required to work for SAPREF for a set period.
How to Apply
Send CV,Academic Results,Grade 12 Results and Certified Copy of ID to:
The Recruitment Advisor
PO Box 3179
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates