Resume building for a technical position is somewhat more complex than building one for a non technical position. For one thing, you don’t know whether the person reviewing your resume will be technical or not. To play it safe, it’s best not to include too much technological jargon in your resume and keep the language simple, so that any non technical HR manager or recruiter can comprehend it.
Another key in this regard lies in language used by the advertisement. Bring your tone and use of technical terms in line with what the employer has used in the vacancy announcement. This will not only ensure that your resume will be understood but will also enable the employers to quickly relate your profile to the vacancy.
Below is a sample resume for an entry level IT developer position for your guidance.
Entry- Level IT Developer Resume Sample
56 Tea Tree Ave • Boulder, CO 98001
☏ (004) 555-7777 ✉ fredrick @ email . com
Meticulous and detail-oriented IT graduate seeking an IT Developer position with MULTITECH. Considerable knowledge of oracle based programming. Proven ability to breakdown a large project into chunks, prioritize goals and meet strict deadlines without compromising quality.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Special talent for software analysis, designing, coding and debugging
• Qualified to develop java based applications leveraging expertise in C++ and HTML
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team, comfortable at communicating with others
• Thorough understanding of IT project lifecycle planning and execution
AMERICAN INSTITUTE TO TECHOLOGY, Boulder, CO, 2014
B.S., Information Technology
• Planned and developed a multi-file storage database software as part of practical coursework
• Developed an android based gaming app from a blueprint from the DXB software house and received a distinction on same
CENTRIX, Boulder, CO
Internee IT Developer, Summer, 2013
• Carried out regular database updating based on coded program specifications
• Assisted in testing all IT products in controlled situations and rectified flaws before launching
• Utilized RDBM system effectively for database management and data entry
REDCROSS SOCIETY, Boulder, CO
Data Entry Officer, Summer 2012
• Registered all residents in the Red Cross support program
• Updated the resident’s data in the database software
• Sports: Played for the campus soccer team thrice in a row and earned two trophies on behalf of the institute
• Travel: Led a 3 day hiking expedition for a scout groups as part of the American Adventure group
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expert in MySQL, Oracle and Sybase
Powered by WPeMatico