Your resume is not giving you the market response you expected? Consider going for a skills based/functional resume. A skills resume – as the title suggests – is designed to bring the focus onto the candidates’ job relevant skills rather than on the chronological work history. It is usually highly effective if the candidate has gaps in work history or does not possess enough relevant experience to catch the employer’s eye.
Here are some helpful tips in this regard.
➜ A good resume aims form breadth rather than depth. Explaining one skill in too much detail and leaving little space for other skills is a bad choice. Instead, touch all your competencies as briefly as possible.
➜ Visual appeal is a bonus when it comes to resume writing. No matter how relevant the content is, if it is not visually appealing, it will not get the required attention.
Skills/Functional Resume for Inventory Clerk
466 Watson Ave • Tampa, FL 54002 • (006) 444-3333 • david @ email . com
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Detail oriented, accurate professional with a practical, hands-on approach to inventory management. Competent in diverse aspects of in-store receiving, ranging from cycle count monitoring to gross margin performances. Particularly effective in stock reconciliation and spreadsheet maintenance. Analytical problem solver with outstanding clerical, word processing and office skills.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Competent in performing receiving duties, vendor checking-in and invoice reconciliation
• Demonstrated ability to ensure timely order processing through vigilant inventory monitoring
• Track record of maintaining all inventory levels and verifying data for transaction purposes accurately
• Expert in maintenance of computerized database software recording all requisitions, orders and transactions efficiently
• Excellent numeracy and data entry skills with a typing speed of 60WPM
• Efficient in data retrieval and transaction tracking
• Demonstrated ability to develop and issue timely inventory level reports, stock status reports and reconciliation drafts
• Proven written and verbal communication skills, well practiced in professional report writing formats
• Proficient in wide range of merchandise handling tasks including receiving, unpacking, stacking and delivering of goods
• Full command on spreadsheet management and monitoring of stock availability with a track record of sending timely requisitions
• Revised the inventory control SOPs and enhanced data accuracy level by 60% during first year of employment
• Computerized all inventories and installed automated tracking systems ensuring 100% requisition follow-up and substantially reduced manual effort
• Reduced overall error rate massively by careful data analysis followed by identification of data trends, root causes for errors and elimination of the same
Inventory Clerk | ADROIT GROUP, Tampa, FL | 12/2011 to Present
Data Entry Officer | APL, Tampa, FL | 8/2010 to 11/2011
ABC COLLEGE, Tampa, FL, 2010
Associate of Science in Accounting
Powered by WPeMatico