Closing Date: 02 May 2014
Table of Contents
To receive an on job training relevant to his/her career by being exposed to both administration & technical aspect of the relevant field by following an approved training programme.
Key Performance Areas
Generate Purchase Orders
- Process low value purchases, ensure correctness and completeness.
- Keep clear audit transactions trail expedite order placed.
- Submit Purchase Orders (POs) to be signed off by responsible person.
- Ensure that POs have been placed in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Provide lead time report on all orders placed.
- Ensure that correct calculations on POs are done.
Generate Requisitions on ERP System
- JDE system training.
- Create capital & Operations requisitions.
- Differentiate the process followed per requisition type.
- Receive new vendor application forms.
- Ensure compliance to vendor application.
- Ensure that the attached documents are valid.
- Determine the basis of deactivating the vendor on the ERP system.
- Create & maintain RFQs.
- Follow up on contracts with reference to the successful RFQ.
- Prove negotiated savings.
- Do a cost comparison.
- Produce a procurement approval schedule.
- Conclude the contracts resulted from the procurement process.
- Perform the price escalations.
- Extend, terminate the contracts in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.Warehouse Management:
- Receive record & dispatch the store items in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Conduct stock taking.
- Draw a supplier spent report.
- Draw a report on approved requisitions due to be converted to purchase orders.
- Draw a report on open orders.
- Ensure that the VAT certificates for all Suppliers used by the SABS are saved on File and updated on the system.
Qualifications And Experience
- You will receive an 18 Months Fixed Term Contract, which you will get after reading and accepting all the policies and procedures provided by the SABS.
- You must have Degree or National Diploma in Purchasing, Logistics or Warehouse Management
- You will be remunerated R5000,00 per month as an allowance.
- You must have register with SARS and submit you Tax Number to HR.
- You will be given access to Telephone/Internet & Email etc.
- You will receive a relevant Personal Protective Equipment for safety purpose.
- Expresses and articulate key elements of ideas or concepts (both written & verbal). Â in a logical, descriptive and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately. Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence service in day to day operations. Foresees issues that might adversely affect work quality and develops contingency plans.
- Leverages others’ expertise, and shares information and best practices to optimize work results. Encourages others and offers guidance and support to others when assistance is required.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems.Â Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales