SABS: Procurement Internship Opportunities
Closing Date: 02 May 2014
To receive an on job training relevant to his/her career by being exposed to both administration & technical aspect of the relevant field by following an approved training programme.
Key Performance Areas
Generate Purchase Orders
- Process low value purchases, ensure correctness and completeness.
- Keep clear audit transactions trail expedite order placed.
- Submit Purchase Orders (POs) to be signed off by responsible person.
- Ensure that POs have been placed in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Provide lead time report on all orders placed.
- Ensure that correct calculations on POs are done.
Generate Requisitions on ERP System
- JDE system training.
- Create capital & Operations requisitions.
- Differentiate the process followed per requisition type.
- Receive new vendor application forms.
- Ensure compliance to vendor application.
- Ensure that the attached documents are valid.
- Determine the basis of deactivating the vendor on the ERP system.
- Create & maintain RFQs.
- Follow up on contracts with reference to the successful RFQ.
- Prove negotiated savings.
- Do a cost comparison.
- Produce a procurement approval schedule.
- Conclude the contracts resulted from the procurement process.
- Perform the price escalations.
- Extend, terminate the contracts in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.Warehouse Management:
- Receive record & dispatch the store items in accordance with the SABS Policies & Procedures.
- Conduct stock taking.
- Draw a supplier spent report.
- Draw a report on approved requisitions due to be converted to purchase orders.
- Draw a report on open orders.
- Ensure that the VAT certificates for all Suppliers used by the SABS are saved on File and updated on the system.
Qualifications And Experience
- You will receive an 18 Months Fixed Term Contract, which you will get after reading and accepting all the policies and procedures provided by the SABS.
- You must have Degree or National Diploma in Purchasing, Logistics or Warehouse Management
- You will be remunerated R5000,00 per month as an allowance.
- You must have register with SARS and submit you Tax Number to HR.
- You will be given access to Telephone/Internet & Email etc.
- You will receive a relevant Personal Protective Equipment for safety purpose.
- Expresses and articulate key elements of ideas or concepts (both written & verbal). Â in a logical, descriptive and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately. Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence service in day to day operations. Foresees issues that might adversely affect work quality and develops contingency plans.
- Leverages others’ expertise, and shares information and best practices to optimize work results. Encourages others and offers guidance and support to others when assistance is required.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems.Â Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales
How To Apply
Apply for the SABS Procurement Internship Opportunity
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates