It is a good idea to have multiple versions of your retail sales assistant resume. One resume cannot possibly work well for all jobs you apply for. For each job, the resume must be tailored to suit the employer’s preferences.
To ensure your resume has the required impact on the prospective employer enough to give you an interview call you need to produce a highly persuasive retail sales assistant resume. Here are some guiding rules and tips that will come in handy.
Retail Sales Assistant Resume Tips:
• Place most relevant and most recent information towards the top
• State your strongest results and accomplishments first
• Keep the total length between one and two pages
• Avoid complex fonts and layout
• Use short bullet points or tables to showcase skills, avoid long paragraphs
• Include a professional performance summary designed to address the role specific needs of the reader
Following is a resume sample for retail sales assistant which will guide you how to write a good resume.
Retail Sales Assistant Resume Sample
3011 Florence Lane ~ Downey, CA 45008 | (008) 555-4444 | samuel @ email . com
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT
Bringing accuracy in merchandise management and excellence in customer service. Eager to exceed customer expectations.
Ambitious, customer-oriented retail sales professional with a track record of actively providing assistance and sales advice to customers. Well-versed in up selling new products and enhancing client satisfaction through implementation of exceptional sales skills. Competent at using computer systems to fulfill customer orders. Experienced in replenishing stock and operating till system.
|● Greeting Customers||● Returns/Refunds||● Cash Register Management|
|● Bill Generation||● Stock Analysis||● Inventory Maintenance|
|● Product Promotion||● Packing||● Client Persuasion|
|● Merchandise Display||● Complaint Handling||● Cash Receipt|
|● Housekeeping||● Back Ordering||● Health & Safety Policies|
• Conceived, developed and implemented new and competitive display patterns and enhanced sales of allotted section by 30%
• Expanded the section’s total clientele by 50% by demonstrating a positive outlook towards work and highly client centered attitude
• Initiated an ingenious inventory maintenance system and developed effective communication channels that ensured apt restocking of merchandise
Retail Sales Assistant | Just Jeans, Downey, CA | August 2011 – Present
• Price and arrange stock in shelves using creative display strategies
• Build rapport with incoming clients and answer their product and pricing related queries accurately
• Deal with customer complains effectively
• Collect and process payments for the goods and generate bills for the clients
• Promote new products by introducing them to regular clients
Salesman | Forever New, Downey, CA | May 2008 – July 2011
• Explained features of various products to customers
• Assisted customers in choosing products suitable for them
• Received incoming stock, checked it against ordered list and stacked the same neatly in shelves
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, Downey, CA, 2008
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Powered by WPeMatico