If you are a retired person seeking a career in daycare, the hybrid resume format suits you best. Combining the functional and reverse chronological formats, this type of resume will not only help in highlighting your core competencies but will also present your relevant experience in an organized manner. Here are some tips in this regard.
• Carefully tailor your resume for the job you want to attain. Convince the employer that your candidacy is meant for that specific job.
• Add some personality to your document, it will help you stand out. Using some powerful descriptive phrases consisting of strong adjectives can be very helpful.
• If you are keeping up with technology, let the hiring manager know by including your LinkedIn ID.
Below is a resume template for retirees for daycare jobs.
Resume Template for Retirees for Daycare Jobs
609 Cherry Tree Lane • Rochester, MN 78002 • (008) 444-5555 • oliver @ email . com
Highly personable, imaginative and tactful, certified daycare provider with a genuine interest in fostering children’s cognitive and social growth. Skilled in designing innovative and hands on activities to meet emotional and developmental needs of children. Track record of creating and maintaining a fun and challenging learning environment. Safety minded person with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Expert user of MS Office applications.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Play supervision||● Violence reporting||● Child Safety|
|● Parental communication||● Inventory upkeep||● Crises intervention|
|● Child transportation||● Activity designing||● Personal care|
|● incident documentation||● Counseling||● Meal preparation|
• Devised numerous age specific activities for children aiming at cognitive development and implemented the same effectively
• Reduced the rate of violent incidents and behavioral problems up till 90% by developing efficient preventive counseling sessions
• Supervised a facility consisting of 50+ enrolled children ensuring their safety, growth and development
BRIGHT HORIZONS , Rochester, MN, 6/2000 to Present
Child Care Worker
• Devise and implement developmentally suitable activities for the children
• Provide crises intervention in case of violent incidents
• Communicate with the children’s parents regularly regarding progress
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn and grow
SUNSHINE HOMES, Rochester, MN
Child Care Aide, 9/1994 to 5/2000
MAYO CLINIC, Rochester, MN
Day Care Helper, 6/1982 to 8/1994
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Rochester, MN, 1982
Associate of Science in Child Psychology
American Association of Child Psychology
Member: International Children Rights Society
• ACLS Certified
• Bilingual: English/Italian
Powered by WPeMatico