The job entails performing and overseeing ad hoc and ongoing database and research projects or external data requests, which will require knowledge of accountancy and a good level of analytical reasoning. The candidate should assist analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings and internal committees, which requires good levels of organization and a strong team work ethic. The role also requires an element of helping senior analysts with regulatory and internal compliance. Attention to details and computer skills are therefore also required.
The candidate should have the potential to quickly gain an understanding of Standard & Poor’s rating methodology, policies and procedures as well as a knowledge of qualitative and quantitative aspects of financial services analysis. The candidate will be supported with strong levels of on the job and university style training, which includes two levels of internal certification per discipline.
This is an exciting role for someone willing to contribute to the development of the company and its operations in Africa. We are looking for dedicated and rigorous individuals with strong analytical capabilities who are able to work in international teams. It also encompasses a strong coordination role with other professionals in other Standard & Poor’s offices.
- We are looking for a candidate that is a recent university degree graduate.
- Some working experience in an audit firm, bank, insurance company, or consultancy would be positively valued but not compulsory.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer software, in particular excel.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles for bank and insurance companies
- Familiarity with financial models is a plus.
How to apply